Tuesday, September 29, 2009

VMware Service Console ip and vlan change problems

Recently I worked on a project that required moving all of the VMware infrastructure to another VLAN. This meant to change all of the IP's for Servie Console and VMkernel.
Everything went well even though after change on the first host I could not reinitialize HA. I thought after changing all of the machines in cluster I would resolve this problem. However, problem persisted and I tried many things in order to try and resolve it. I disconnected and removed all of the ESX hosts from cluster and re added them without any luck.

What solved my problem?

There is a file that I found in "/etc/opt/vmware/aam/FT_HOSTS". This contained old service console IP's for every member in cluster. After changing this file with updated addresses, cluster came back to normal operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment